An overview of an Inline POC, its deliverables, and timelines.
Netacea’s Inline Proof of Concept (POC) is your introduction to the value that our services can bring to your business, including demonstrating the integration within your infrastructure from installation to BAU. This project allows the Netacea team to truly dig into your data – quickly gaining an understanding of your potential attack vectors and mapping these to the BLADE Framework®.
Netacea offers two types of bot assessment, each offering different outcomes dependent on your success criteria:
Inline POCs are a popular comprehensive approach that allow you to see the Netacea's bot management integration working within your infrastructure. Netacea will work with you to ensure seamless integration and that the full solution is demonstrated.
Though the integration itself will be the focus of your engagement with Netacea, this will also be a chance for some of our other teams to get involved in formulating the service that will best work for you. This includes the Bot Expert team, who will configure and tune the bot detection solution and provide you with insight and visibility over your bot traffic.
To successfully integrate, Netacea will work with you to choose the most suitable integration point. It is best practice to choose a location as close to the edge as possible to ensure we act as quickly and reduce traffic on the wider stack. Common integration points include:
The list is not comprehensive, others may be suitable and can be agreed when working with the Netacea Solutions Engineering team.
To successfully make recommendations, the following data will be analysed. Field names may vary based on the source of the data.
Inline POCs follow the standard timeline outlined below. Timelines can be modified based on the complexity of existing infrastructure and your resourcing availability.
A full week of data is required before the bot analysis & tuning can begin and insight over bot traffic can be shared. Delays to implementation can cause the timeline to slip.
For Netacea to meet POC timelines, you will need to provide adequate resources to ensure the following responsibilities can be met:
- A lead resource to work day-to-day with Netacea in supporting project timelines.
- Periodic validation of the project plan, routine status reporting and raising any risks to the Netacea team related to project success.
- Proactively support project risk mitigation and issue resolution.
- Provide, in a timely manner, any reasonable request for access to data, documentation, or personnel relevant to delivering on the defined project scope.
- Schedule participants and manage in accordance with activities as defined by the projects' timeline.
- A platform administrator to provide logs, including all fields in the minimum data set via the agreed upon method.
- Relevant stakeholders to review Netacea findings & complete any agreed user acceptance testing (UAT).
To support the successful delivery of the POC and meet project timelines, Netacea will also provide a variety of resources throughout the POC lifecycle:
- Ongoing support from Netacea’s Sales team to:
- Manage and track POC success criteria and project timelines
- Act as key point of contact and escalation point
- Ongoing support from Netacea’s Solution Engineering team to:
- Provide a suitable solution and support its implementation
- Provide implementation documentation
- Troubleshoot & resolve and implementation/technical issues
- Support ongoing technical requests & questions
- Ongoing support from Netacea’s Data Science & Analytics teams to:
- Ensure successful data parsing
- Analyse and review Customer data
- Present Bot Audit findings to the Customer
- Tune Netacea Intent Analytics for active threat detection
Once the Inline POC has been successfully completed, the team will put together a plan that meets your required timescales to move from demonstration to live service. Due to the inline nature of the POC, this process can be done quickly without the need of additional installations, using pre-prepared models based on previous findings.